A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join our Siemens Rail Infrastructure, Communication Information systems business.
We are flexible on location for this role, but preferred locations would include; Ashby De-La-Zouch, Midlands and London.
Our team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and good efficiently - Complete mobility!
In CIS, we deliver network and security solutions to support the digital railway. Our portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network for railway stations, SCADA systems, signalling systems, telephony systems, backbone communication networks / bearer network, network security and other cyber security systems. We undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
The role of the Project Manager will be to lead the delivery of specified projects for SISS for Mainline, Light Rail and Mass Transit railways. This will involve the management all project Application Engineering, Installation, Testing and Commissioning activity and delivery of all systems designed to meet the needs of the contract, on time and within budget.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Interface with the Sales and Marketing Team and, as required, manage the preparation of Tenders. This shall include the development of project specific execution strategies designed to meet the Clients needs and the business objectives.
- Safe delivery of projects to the ‘as sold’ specification meeting the project objectives within the agreed timescales and budget delivering the required margin, whilst ensuring that the Company Management System is complied with throughout the project lifecycle.
- Interface with functional line management to define and mobilise the necessary resources required for the execution of the project. Thereafter leading and co-ordinating the activities of the project team.
- Preparation and maintenance throughout the project a comprehensive Project Management Plan, as a live document, which will detail the project implementation procedures in line with the Company Management System and the as sold Project Execution strategy
- Leading the implementation of effective Safety and Environmental management of the project ensuring that each of the project delivery functions has systems in place to cover their safety responsibilities.
- Ensure that regular audits are undertaken to ensure that the systems are in use and are effective.
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle through effective implementation of the Quality Assurance process.
- Monitor progress against the project programme, and budget identifying and mitigating adverse trends through effective corrective management action
- Monitor and report project progress and status throughout the project lifecycle ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required by the Client / Alliance and Siemens Mobility in accordance with the Project Reporting and Review Process. This shall include:
- Project Planning and Earned Value based progress analysis and reporting.
- Resource Management
- Risk analysis and management
- Proactive Issue Management
- Detailed Financial analysis and control
- Commercial Management of both Head Contract and Subcontracts
- Lead day to day communication between the project team and the clients (and Alliance partners, if applicable), establishing and maintaining a positive working relationship.
- Responsibility for managing the Contractual Scope of Supply throughout the Project Lifecycle through the implementation of the Change Management Process and the approval of any changes to scope, base lined programmes and budgets.
- Work with the Head of Projects – Engineering, Construction and Networks to manage and control the commercial aspects of the contract.
- Ultimately the PM shall be fully accountable to the SISS Portfolio Manager – for the timely and safe handover of the project, meeting the business objectives as defined in the Contracted scope of supply.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of managing high value capital investment projects involving a high degree of Client interface (essential).
- Experience of delivery of projects through the full project life cycle (essential).
- Preparation of Proposals, Tenders and contract negotiations through to Award (essential).
- Management of multidisciplinary project teams (essential).
- Development and implementation of innovative project execution strategies (essential)
- Management of Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management disciplines (essential).
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, possibly supported by a second degree in a management discipline.
- APM accredited.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – ability to deliver key messages efficiently and effectively, tailoring the approach to the audience as appropriate, in order to promote action (essential).
- Proven ability to lead and drive a multi-disciplinary project team, ensuring delivery of all contractual outputs to cost and to plan (essential).
- Project Management skills – strong understanding of the hard and soft aspects of programme management. Possess high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to build consensus (essential).
- Commercial awareness and aptitude – able to contribute to commercial and contractual issues, drawing upon past experience with railway / engineering contracts (essential)
- Exposure to a highly regulated engineering industry, of which some time should have been in a project role.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation. #LI-SM1
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time