Who designs your future? You do. Are you ready for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? We offer intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban, and freight transportation. We empower people who want to seek society's challenges and make real what matters most.
Our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA, seeks to hire a 1st shift Service Repair Technician to diagnose, repair, and test rail inverters, modules, and auxiliary power supplies. You'll have the brains & control systems that power our gearboxes and motors in your hands! Traction systems are both innovative and well-proven – providing the highest degree of reliability but with minimum maintenance costs. Traction converters and motors are the core of the traction system for our locomotives.Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide detailed inbound inspection of the unit and notate accordingly.
- Ability to safely use and maneuver lifting devices, cranes, jigs, and assembly stands.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/mechanical drawings, diagrams, specifications, assembly procedures, work orders, and bills of materials to determine material requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to fix electrical components.
- Test repairs per documented guidelines to ensure that units meet quality specifications and tolerances.
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs.
- Accurate completion of all safety training and support Zero Harm Culture.
- Timely and accurate reporting and documentation (hours, component usage, repair reports, expense statements).
- Ability to write a detailed failure report and provide photos as necessary.
- Ability to work safely in a high voltage test (480V) environment.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time (retrofitting units at customer sites throughout the US)
- Identifying sophisticated problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Attention to detail.
- Immediate understanding of computers and software applications.
- Knowledge of basic lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes & eliminating waste.
- Knowledge of environmental health and safety laws and procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously or in a group environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment of service requirements.
- Possess strong communication and active listening skills.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate.
- Understands 6S methodology and maintains a clean and organized work environment
- Ability to lift 35 lbs.
- Meet education requirements in one of the following:
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical
- Vocational Certification in related field
- Apprenticeship Certification in related field
- Two years of work experience in a related field.
- Prior component repair and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- German language skill is a plus.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs are available.
You are legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, we may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and following accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.