What part will you play?
- In your new role, you will specify the system-technical behavior and interfaces of the I/O systems in the automation area, taking into account the overall strategy.
- Based on the requirements and boundary conditions, you will derive the architectures of the future, describe them and support our national and international teams during implementation
- You compare the different architectural approaches and represent a consistent realization across the teams with the goal of reuse and maintainability.
- You encourage and promote the exchange with other architects within and outside your own organization and use this network for the challenges of your daily work
- You bring architectural perspectives into portfolio and strategic decisions and make the resulting consequences transparent.
- The basis of your success is a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, automation technology or a comparable education with software reference
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in software development and extensive knowledge in software design
- You have gained expertise in the programming languages C/C++, C# and CI/CD
- Communication and team skills as well as initiative and an agile way of working characterize you
- In addition, you have experience in the embedded SW area, in dealing with tools for version management, development environment (IDE) and ASICs.
- Ideally, you have knowledge in middleware and driver development, including Linux (real-time operating systems), communication protocols (e.g. PROFINET, OPC UA, MQTT), open source software and IT technologies such as containers, cloud technology and frameworks for management / deployment.
- Experience with different automation systems (e.g. SIMATIC) would be a plus
- Good German and English skills
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- An environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work and feel a sense of belonging
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either