This is your new area.
Digital Industries (DI) offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated software and hardware as well as technology-based consulting and services to help companies in the manufacturing and process industries worldwide increase the flexibility, quality and efficiency of their processes and shorten the time-to-market of their products. Our SIMATIC products are widely used, for example, in the automotive industry, aerospace, wind farms or green energy storage systems. They reliably accompany our customers on their way through the digital transformation.
As a business line HMI software with over 100 employees, we design intuitive and modern user interfaces for human-machine interaction in automation technology. Our software scales from the machine-oriented single-user system on an HMI panel to the plant-wide control room with multiple servers.
This is what your new role looks like.
In your role as a C++ Developer on Linux OS, you will act as the first point of contact for Linux-specific development and help the dev teams create their designs and implement them. Your expertise in software solutions on Linux operating systems is an essential part of creating and enhancing our development and quality assurance processes. You will use CI/CD, test driven development and risk based testing to guide the dev teams in the implementation of their development processes. You will also consult and guide us in the use of other tools for the software development on Linux.
Here's what your tasks look like.
- You support the dev teams in optimizing the concepts for the runtime environment on Linux operating systems and accompany them during the implementation.
- You will support the dev teams with issues in the Linux environment, such as performance improvements.
- You work with the architects and teams to develop a consistent test concept for the various software platforms, especially for Linux.
Your qualifications - what you bring to the table.
- You have a successfully completed degree in computer science or comparable training
- You have several years of experience in C++ development under Linux
- You have experience in agile development methods (e.g. SCRUM)
- You are fluent in English
We want you to want: Apply!
www.siemens.com/karriere/digitalminds - if you want to learn more about Digital Minds at Siemens.
FAQ - if you have a question about applying to Siemens.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Either