Siemens Rail Infrastructure is expanding our Engineering team, and we're looking for an entry-level Systems Engineer to work with other rail signal designers in our Louisville, KY, facility. Here, you'll be designing, defining, and implementing complex system requirements for our customers. These requirements will entail you determining the system's specifications, input & output processes, and working parameters for the hardware and software compatibility. In this exciting role, you'll need to develop and recommend corrective actions while developing and delivering training to internal and external customers.More responsibilities for this position will include:
- Assist in designing complex Transit Systems, Wayside Systems, and Grade Crossing Warning Systems using engineering knowledge, customer standards, and State and Federal laws under minimal supervision.
- Prepare proposals and estimates per customer specifications. Check designs for accuracy and compliance with customer and regulatory agency requirements.
- Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware and application software designs under minimal direction.
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests, evaluate results, and make recommendations.
- Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures.
- Provide technical support to the customer during the commissioning of the design of sophisticated systems.
- Provide complete hardware and software package for validation and verification.
- Perform simulation (verification) of Wayside Train Control System software using tools specific to the type of equipment.
- Perform factory and field testing (validation) of Wayside Train Control System software; install software per hardware plans; test operation of software, record and analyze results; and provide feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the railway signaling industry.
- Proficient in using industry-specific equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies
- Proficient in using AutoCAD and Microstation
- Proficient experience using Test Racks
- Generally, up to 2 years of successful experience in responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- A proven track record of leading projects that successfully achieve landmarks and complete deliverables
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Systems Engineer with Siemens, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants shall not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.