This is an outstanding opportunity to further your cloud understanding and provide a smooth UX for customers utilising High Performance Computing in the cloud.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Mentor (a Siemens Business) have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. For this reason our customers are moving our products from their on-premise server farms into the Cloud. We are collaborating with the Cloud infrastructure vendors and HPC tooling vendors to adapt their offerings to our products as we design cloud based applications that will manage these dynamic cloud architectures, extend our cloud enabled offering and create new cloud native applications for the IC design space.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Being the go to person for all UX matters with the ability to deliver
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security in all UIs
- Ensuring the UX of our customers is constantly improving from MVP to smooth H2M interfaces
- Designing and implementing FE and BFF that orchestrate dynamic environments to support the needs of our customers
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Has a natural can do attitude and gets involved
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Always has the customer in mind
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude, able to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or work environment coupled with strong communication skill
- While having a deep understanding of one or more FE frameworks they can adapt to other frameworks as the needs arise.
- Understands the major attack surfaces on Cloud UIs and their back ends.
As we will be bringing a range of products to public and hybrid clouds this will involve a range of User Interface styles and environments which enable integrations from SaaS and Managed Cloud to the Desktop.
- Responsible for the UX across these GUIs and CLIs of the various solutions
- Design develop and test User Interfaces for microservices in a SaaS application.
- Develop BFF microservices for deployment into the Siemens PaaS and other cloud IaaS as required
- Develop and extend inter cloud tunnelled UIs and those embedded in 3rd party applications.
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solution
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Highly proficient in at least one of React/Vue/Angular for font end development
- Strong skills in using html, css, and SASS and LESS extensions
- Some previous development in Node.js for or other back end framework
- High levels of front-end development experience within a microservices architecture
- Experience in using AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Hands on creating, testing, consuming Rest API
- Understanding of Qt is a nice to have
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time