Change the future with us.
In a constantly evolving world, we are always thinking about what is coming next. Join us and create the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. We have a passion for Mobility!
Why you'll love working for Siemens Mobility!
- Tackle the world's most significant transportation challenges – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, fast-evolving, and pioneering technological environment with a focus on sustainability.
- Opportunities to advance your career on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Embrace our permanent new normal flexible work environment.
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
Act as an advisor to the business units on global trade compliance and supply chain security (C-TPAT) matters.
- Ensure full compliance and timely resolution for the assignment of HTS classifications for import and export shipments.
- Subject matter expertise on Implementation of Customs related processes within the business ERP or Global Trade Management System
- Collect, analyze and evaluate company data and processes to identify risk & opportunities for standardizing and streamlining processes across business units in the US.
- Influence business practices to implement and use automated solutions.
- Collaborate with various partners (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross-department activities promoting process optimization.
- Identify, capture, collect, monitor critical metrics to develop business strategies and presentations to management.
- Develop, implement, and enforce guidelines, solutions, and plans to optimize processes in the area of responsibility.
- Supports regular training to targeted business groups on import compliance and supply chain security topics.
- BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of related experience
- Hands-on experience with ERP, preferably SAP, and Global Trade Management systems
- Direct experience with determining USHTS classifications
- Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement, and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer skills applying various PC and MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently
- Presentation skills
- Required travel – not more than 10%
- Licensed Customs Broker a plus but not required
Trusted by our partners, we are pioneering transportation, moving people sustainably and seamlessly from the first mile to the last.
We have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable, and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. As a leader in transport solutions, we shape connected mobility. The mobility environment is shaped by three megatrends: climate change, population growth, and digitalization. These trends will demand seamless, sustainable, reliable, and secure mobility solutions to ensure a high quality of life for 9.6 billion people worldwide by 2050. And those people will aspire for seamless transportation from the first to the last mile.
Digitalization is helping us to master these trends and continuously transform the way we travel. Therefore, we are constantly innovating our portfolio in our core areas: rolling stock, rail infrastructure, intelligent traffic systems, related services, and turnkey projects – to shape the future of mobility.
With digitalization, we enable mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance the passenger experience, and guarantee availability.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.