We are forming a new team for a green field application in a new domain, real challenges are you ready?
We are recruiting for a broad cloud software development role. As part of the hybrid cloud SW team it requires understanding from microservices through infrastructure orchestration to cloud enablement tooling. This is an outstanding opportunity to broaden you skill base and deepen your cloud understanding.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) we at Siemens have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales!
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are beginning our R&D of a Hybrid SaaS offering in the EDA space to complement our EDA cloud enablement software.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Developing software that with run in the Siemens PaaS, public and private clouds and HPC grids.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Understands the architecture of large scale Cloud solutions.
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing high value customer IP
- Understands how to achieve secure hybrid cloud communication
- Understands the various microservices architecture styles and patterns – what works when and why
- Has worked with IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
- Understand the attack surface of software running in the cloud.
- Development, testing and maintenance of microservices, standalone applications and tooling running in a range of environments from Clouds to HPC Grids
- Development of inter-cloud resource orchestration
- Cross cloud Identity and Role based access management.
- Solutions to integrate from SaaS and Managed Cloud to private clouds and grids.
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience in building complex high performance systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Strong understanding of Identity, Authorisation, RBAC and Security in a cloud environment
- Excellent hands on development skill in more than one of Golang, Java, Python or C++
- Previous use of a microservice development framework.
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development standard methodologies for the full engineering lifecycle
- Solid understanding of the containerised development stack.
- Deep understanding of one of the Cloud IaaS.
- Hands on creating, testing, consuming Rest API PI
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time