Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Senior Reliability Manager to manage, develop and grow the technical skills and competencies of the Reliability Test Design Subsystem Team.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives Senior Reliability Manager individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Reliability Manager, you will be responsible for:
Working closely with the Systems, Design Engineering and Product Management functions to achieve the reliability target numbers of our new product designs. Ensure Reliability functions are fully engaged in the early stages of design development.
Lead/mentor the Test for Reliability team, leverage the experience of our ASQ Certified DFR Engineers to execute the following:
- Collaborate with Service and Product & Solution Development to establish a current baseline of product performance.
- Establish a quality engineering process focused on the selection of components.
- Create reliability requirement documents to capture test requirements and product specifications
- Research proposed technologies to determine possible failure modes
- Calculate and present risk assessments of potential field failures based on field data, Weibull analysis, and user profile distribution data
- Develop component/sub-system test fixtures for the purpose of validating high level reliability requirements.
- Drive design for reliability through FMEAs, component level
testing, HALT/HASS testing and failure analysis
Develop mechanical tests to recreate failure modes and implement as controls for future projects
- Leverage newly purchased HALT chamber to conduct accelerated & stress testing in an effort to minimize subsystem RGT failures.
- Working with Design Engineering focus on the benefits of simpler, reliable designs.
- Collaborate with large cross-functional teams of design, process, and operation to establish buy-in for design changes to reliability issues.
- Prepare concise and detailed test plans and test reports working within the project timelines
- Engage with the Systems Leadership Team in supporting our cultural transformation
- Align our activities with the design Quality function to ensure agreement with our new reliability claims. Discussion items should include sample size, measurement uncertainties, and the overall design margin ensuring the sustainability in our claims.
- Working with Service ensure the maintainability aspects of servicing supports our reliability claims.
- Collaborate with our Risk Management and General Safety functions to ensure Reliability related issues are eliminated.
- Partner with the head of Systems Testing Laboratories to ensure new Flanders based facilities are successfully implemented. Support head of function as needed.
- Ensure the continued development of the TfR team, encourage newer members to acquire ASQ or other relevant education/certification.
- Provide design mentorship to improve product reliability when vital
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, would like to do develop your career with Healthineers.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions as well as operating various Diagnostic Instruments.
- You must have very good communication skills, show team orientation and be proactive in performance of assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and understand schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings.
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, including short-term international deployment, is expected
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline either Mechanical, Electrical or Industry Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience of managing a reliability team with machinery experience.
- Experience with Reliability Test Design Subsystems, HALT/HASS
- Limited travel to R&D sites and schedule flexibility is expected
- Experience with Environmental and Altitude chambers a plus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.