Siemens EDA is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Founded in 1981, the company is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland).
The Sales Financial Data Analyst position requires a combination of financial acumen, data analysis and management, and a desire to develop new systems capabilities. As a member of the Sales Finance Team reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Financial Data, this position provides a unique opportunity to proactively engage in a complex analytical intelligence process interfacing with senior leadership, while building relationships cross functionally. Through collaboration and communication this position will contribute to meaningful decision support and dataset analysis.
The successful candidate will be:
- a curious individual who can clarify an ambiguous request for information,
- someone who can develop an in-depth understanding of customer level deal analysis,
- a person that enjoys establishing complex financial models with statistical and predictive analysis,
- an individual that can adhere to a specific process and facilitate requests to meet specific tight deadlines through effective time management, and
- able to clearly communicate results using a method which meets the need of the audience
- Interested in utilizing programming languages to develop financial tools and models
Communication & Presentation: Synthesize complex data into easily understood and compelling management reports and performance dashboards. Act as a trusted advisor and leader when creating presentation material regarding the performance of the business. Credibly establish a level of confidence with senior leadership and cross functional partners.
Reporting, Analysis, & Insight: Force Multiplier of analysts and sales operations through automations, visualizations, and tool development. Takes understanding of financial practices and interprets practices and requirements into actionable insights.
Sales Planning/Forecasting: Use financial modeling and quantitative analysis to serve best in class planning/forecasting for worldwide orders and revenue, supporting effective decision making. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners in sales, finance, marketing, product division and across the entire company. Remain detail oriented while keeping high level insight in clear focus. Use data to build credible insights into planning trends and to influence the overall sales planning/forecasting process to better serve accuracy and drive revenue growth opportunities. Move beyond compiling of data to service the ‘why’ behind the numbers.
Ad-Hoc: Engage on projects relating to the advancement of sales finance & operations initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience supporting a sales organization in a sales operations or finance capacity
- High level of analytical ability with experience coordinating complex decision-analysis
- Skilled at developing & presenting communications and data visualization
- Proven business partner capable of influencing others
- Data extraction / manipulation: Business Objects, Alteryx, Knime, Excel, MS Access or similar
- Reporting tools – Tableau, Qlikview, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Business, Mathematics, etc.)
- Passion for supporting sales finance and for understanding the sales process
- Technical aptitude - Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to bring creativity to the position while striving for continuous improvement
- A passion for independent learning and personal development
- Capable of exercising sound judgment and to instill confidence
- Meticulous attention-to-detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to internal policies/ processes / procedures and changing direction of a task/project
- Outgoing, professional and articulate; great customer & communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable and heavily resourceful in solving issues
- Amiable, professional and enjoys daily interaction with peers and client groups; natural ability to form professional relationships with all levels and departments within the company
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time