Channel Market Development Manager – Lighting Distributor Sales – East USA
Founded in 2012, Comfy | Enlighted now Building Robotics, Inc. (BRI) is a Siemens-owned business on a mission to connect employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
As a Channel Market Development Manager – Lighting Distributor Sales with us, you get to work with some of the world's strongest brands in white goods. Everyday work consists of planning and carrying out sales activities for new and existing customers. You are proactive, performance-oriented and can show good results. This is a traveling position, and your main area will include the eastern United States.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Cultivate and grow relationships with Distributor contacts and their specifier customers. Turn customers into partners!
- Follow up current and new customers in the Lighting Channel markets
- Able to manage multiple channels including Rep Agency and Specifier (Electrical Contractor, Designer, Architect) stakeholders.
- Contact point between customers, logistics and order department. Secure flawless operations.
- Responsibility for new clients in the area and follow-up of assortment, prices, contracts and trainings
- Work efficiently and structured to achieve set budget goals
- Through one-to-one and group training, utilizes full discretion to create programs intended to ensure all sales personnel are highly knowledgeable on the unique selling points of BRI devices and are actively recommending BRI devices to consumers
- Collaborate with Marketing to generate materials that will drive immediate enLighted sales and pipeline
- Working with National Team to transfer larger, multi-market and/or high visibility opportunities
- Participate and Co-ordinate fairs, central trainings
- Be an ambassador for the company and our brands for Siemens Corporation
- Travel up to 75%
- Experience in Channel sales, within the Electrical Wholesale, Lighting (preferred) or similar industry.
- Preferable B2B sales experience
- Able to communicate clearly in a group setting (presentation skills)
- Good IT knowledge
- Entertain local contacts within an established budget
Preferred Skills And Experiences
- Being outgoing and positive with good collaboration skills identifies you with our core values; respect, integrity, diversity, teamwork and winning instinct.
- Is independent, solution-oriented and results-oriented
- Self-starter and willingness to take initiative and drive localized revenue growth programs in targeted channels while adhering to Siemen’s brand expectations
- Excellent time management and prioritization of meetings that will yield the greatest returns
- Takes initiative and has the drive to plan and carry out sales activities
- Has good decision-making ability
- Can point to solid experience and good results from sales
- Strong experience managing competing priorities and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons. (Candidates hired to work in USA)
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience, Comfy
- Flexibility to work from home
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (in person and virtual), fun and supportive culture and a high-energy vibe
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.