Siemens Smart Infrastructure is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. We provide customers with a comprehensive portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet.
- As product lead, you will define the product proposition and definition, down to use case level
- You will use the energy management platform and analytics-based optimization and control systems, build comprehensive solutions that deliver financial returns, resiliency, sustainability, and energy efficiency to our customers
- You will drive the software - hardware integration and partner roadmap, including detailed requirements definition, synthesizing applicable capabilities from project- and regional-specific inputs
- You will analyze, define, and communicate the systems value proposition as a foundational element of the overall platform differentiation
- You will create standard product & interface specifications and integrations with third party platforms
- You will be responsible for the development, review, and refinement of the systems and software product roadmap across applications and geographical markets
- You will work in a continuous integration environment where you will help maintain test-driven discipline and enforce the "Do not break the build rule" from the start.
- You will work daily with highly skilled software development teams within an agile development environment
- You will be authoring professionally written documentation for client presentations, RFI/RFPs and other documents as required
- You hold a master’s in electrical engineering, power electronics, and computer engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of product management and development experience in distributed IoT, distributed systems at cluster scale, and distributed IoT decision making in real time transactional systems
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in solution engineering & architecture for solar PV, battery storage systems, and microgrids in a leading company in the industry
- As senior product manager, or similar level, you have built IoT/SaaS platforms at global scale and high availability
- You are a hands-on product manager with well-versed knowledge of current market trends and solutions for C&I energy solutions, microgrids and energy efficiency
- Additionally, you have deep knowledge of behind-the-meter DER integration including asset models, protocols, and UX
- You have experience in designing and developing grid-tied and islanded microgrids powered by on-site generation
- You have profound experience in API first and distributed IoT architectures, and in the key patterns of global cloud, edge, and device controller-based platform software stack
- You have deep understanding of distributed IoT (cloud / local) data and control management at global scale
- You have core competence that includes refactoring of legacy systems, integration to inhouse and 3rd party systems, as well as regulatory requirements implementation in energy systems, including security and situational awareness requirements
- You have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to drive agreement among multi-functional and multi-national teams, both with and without direct authority
- Senior experience with C level customer relationship management, capability to translate customer requirements into scalable, product, and development roadmaps
- You have a entrepreneurial mind that is able to communicate clearly with many stakeholders
- Proven senior leadership, hands-on & strategic at the same time as well as proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership and urgence round up your profile
- Fluent English skills round off your profile
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time