Join our Smart Infrastructure division as a Business Development Manager for our Utilities Branch and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is a fantastic role for an outstanding sales professional who has the ability and track record to develop new business growth across the UK Utilities sector by engaging with: M&E Consultants, Main and M&E Contractors, Vertical Markets, End Users, Decision Makers & Influencers. We are looking for a customer focused, experienced, senior seller with the ability to drive new business development to meet goals and targets that align with the company's vision and objectives. The role involves selling high value BMS, fire and security solutions within the Utilities market.
The role will require travel across the UK.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What part will you play?
- Develop and execute a strategy for discovering and securing new business opportunities aligned to pre-approved business objectives
- You will work with sales colleagues and other internal stakeholders to drive the sales process from beginning to end by identifying and qualifying prospects, initiating new sales activity and managing sales cycles to closure.
- Build relationships with prospect clients and organisations to maintain desired pipeline levels.
- Partner with Solution Specialists to develop clear, concise proposals and deliver targeted client demos that address client needs. Ensuring excellent commercial knowledge of the compliance, credit risk, transfer pricing, master data management and sales enablement verticals.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Strategy to promote improvement in product quality and the development of new sources of revenue.
We skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- We are looking for a customer obsessed business development manager who is looking to drive solutions sales and build long-term relationships.
- Knowledge of BMS solutions & offerings and Fire and Security solutions would be advantageous but not essential
- You will have experience selling high value complex solutions to end users within the Utilities, Transportation or Infrastructure markets.
- Knowledge and experience of using Salesforce or similar CRM tool
- You will have a consistent track record of achieving business success as a sales & business development specialist, with experience of leading and developing new customer engagement strategies and tendering processes.
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time