Siemens Mobility, Inc., Rolling Stock, is looking for a Project Manager to work in our Bogie Business in Sacramento, CA. The incumbent will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Bogie projects for Light Rails, Streetcars, Metros, Locomotives and/or Passenger Coaches for customers within North-America and also internationally with our headquarters in Germany and Austria.
- The Project Manager is responsible for project execution during phases including proposals, planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance.
- The PM will have profit and loss responsibility for assigned projects.
- Lead discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
· Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions to forward the project in their assigned scope.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree relevant to rail, locomotive and rail car manufacturing.
- 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, manufacturing preferred.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.