Position Title: Mechanical Engineer – Russelectric, a Siemens Company, Hingham, MA
Location: Hingham, MA
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem solving to make the world a more safe, reliable, and equitable place? Then look to Russelectric, A Siemens Business!
Russelectric custom designs and builds power control systems and equipment to meet the stringent performance and reliability requirements of healthcare, data, communications, and other critical facilities. As a Siemens business, Russelectric does all of this while supporting communities and offering life-changing opportunities for people from all walks of life.
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Russelectric:
As a Mechanical Engineer with one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of automatic transfer switches and power control systems, you will design new Russelectric products or integrate Siemens products into Russelectric equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to help a great sales and manufacturing organization become even better!
Your engineering expertise will help this manufacturing organization improve their ability to make the world a safer and more reliable place: think hospitals, data centers, utilities, mass transportation, and other aspects of life as we know it that need reliable power systems. You will be part of providing solutions to the world’s growing need for dependable critical infrastructure.
- Integrate the technical faculties and disciplines and coordinate them for the creation of a realization concept in the Russelectric R&D team.
- Develop mechanical conceptual designs of Automatic Transfer Switch Controls, Switchgear Controls and Microgrid Controls for Commercial and Critical Power markets.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Codes and Standards, and Electronics R&D to ensure new products meet customer requirements, applicable standards, and system integration requirements.
- Drive and guide the creation of a functional architecture for a complete component and of a technical realization concept over all its domain and technical aspects
- Evaluate different concepts with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
- Specify and integrate standard products and subcomponents according to the required functionality of the component and coordinates their interfaces and interaction.
- Develop conceptual design of mechanical components/systems for Automatic Transfer Switch Controls, Switchgear Controls, and Microgrid Controls products
- Travel to manufacturing locations and testing laboratories for new product implementation; visit suppliers and customers.
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 were permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant field is required
- Experience in direct or related disciplines in design/R&D of the mechanical aspects of electrical products
- Ability to travel 15%
- 2 Years minimum experience in direct or related disciplines (mechatronics/electromechanical)
- Solid modeling experience related to component/system design (Creo/Teamcenter experience would be ideal)
- Knowledge of and experience with simulation (thermal, Magnetic, Dynamic) software and practice.
- Expertise in solid modeling (Sheetmetal Design, Thermoplastic Design)
- Knowledge of Design for Additive manufacturing and AM technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time-off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop for eligible positions
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.