Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
We are recruiting for an experienced and driven Solutions Design Engineer to join the Energy & Performance Services Business Unit. This is an unrivalled opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this new business field through co-creating new technical solutions with customers and partners.
Energy & Performance Services (EPS) is spearheading the SI growth in the grid edge market where energy efficient and connected buildings meet the evolving grid environment. We focus on helping customers to reduce their energy consumption, to become more sustainable and to be more resilient in terms of energy supply. We develop and execute project covering a variety of technologies such as BEMS, HVAC, Lighting, IoT connectivity, Solar PV, Heat Pumps, CHP, storage, micro grids, and manufacturing process-related equipment. In addition, we also offer services to help customer to efficiently monitor and manage their energy, operations and maintenance activities and environmental footprint. Over the next years we have a high growth ambition and are therefore looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who want to expand our position in the market and our business.
Change the future with us.
As Solution Design Engineer, you’ll work within a growing Engineering team developing innovative Energy Efficiency and Carbon Net Zero projects for our customers. It’s important that you enjoy working within a small engineering team and like stretching your capabilities beyond the daily norm e.g. customer ideation workshops, delivering innovation projects.
Key to this role will be to support our Solution Engineers with concept design aspects of our energy solutions during Investment Grade Audits but primarily own the Detailed Design phase as well as performing the Principle Designer role during our Project Execution phase.
Your role will focus on providing the Engineering Design elements or overseeing suitable designs (RIBA Stage 4) with our product partners and subcontractors. You’ll also support the delivery teams during pre and post-construction with engineering deliverables.
The role will require travel throughout the UK and be flexible for home-based working or a local Siemens office can be accessed.
Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Engaging with the customer, understand the challenges, how the plant operates and is controlled, how it provides & uses energy, compare the design to what is being used.
• Coordinate and lead facility site visits and communicates with outside vendors as it pertains to Facility Improvement Measures.
• Full ownership of design and solution from idea to contract including site audits, cost calculations, design and specifications and sub-contractor procurement.
• Close interaction and cooperation with the Siemens European Energy Centre of Competence.
• Ensure service development process including internal partner management and handover from projects to service or project fulfilment.
• Active monitoring for new trends and solutions in the market to improve the offerings.
What you need to make real is what matters.
Excellent interpersonal skills, good work ethic, being team and customer orientated and taking a flexible approach to working will be key to this opportunity, as is:
• Degree qualified Engineer (mechanical, electrical, building services, renewables energy systems, distributed energy systems or related/ similar) with experience in Energy Engineering.
• Experience in solution design, specifications, project implementation/execution, subcontractor negotiations in the areas of HVAC, energy generation/storage and industrial process related equipment/assets
• Understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, and technologies and how to redesign existing systems to become more efficient
• Excellent language skills in verbal and written English
• Civil engineering with electrical or electronics engineering background with experience in energy efficiency project and services
• Experience of Distributed Energy Systems would be an advantage
• Proven record of engagement in Energy Performance Contracts is a strong requirement
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time