Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer Energy Distribution within the Electrical Products & Sales Electrification team to technically engineer, develop and calculate electrical energy distribution projects and provide technical support to engineering firms in the design of these projects. This pioneering role aims to enter the world of engineering firms and offer them our Siemens Totally Integrated Power (TIP) services.
Find out more about our services here:
We are responsible for intelligently connecting energy systems, both in buildings and in industry with a view to energy efficiency and sustainable solutions. Our team focuses on intelligent energy distribution and smart electrification within low and medium voltage products. Our portfolio comprises digital power monitoring solutions as well as products for switching, protecting, monitoring, and controlling of low & medium voltage loads.
As an Electrical Project Engineer you are mainly responsible for the technical support of electrical energy distribution projects at engineering firms. The projects are situated in the world of industrial and commercial buildings (hospitals, data centers, pharma, power plants, etc.), ranging from the medium to low voltage level. Looking to the future, the focus will mainly be on 'Digitally supported power distribution' and on the new functionalities of our high-performance SIMARIS software tools.
A broad training in our Siemens HQ Germany (in English) is provided. You will then be responsible for the following responsibilities:
- Calculation and technical engineering of energy distribution projects (conceptualization, short-circuit calculation, selectivity, dimensioning of low-voltage boards).
- Applying and using the Simaris software tools for dimensioning and budgeting, and providing training on
- Transfer knowledge by communicating technological performance characteristics of the TIP product portfolio.
- Provide support to the engineering firms with regard to relevant planning phases of the project (i.e., preparing technical file, determining budget, implementing configuration, etc.) to initiate the framework for later sales.
- Collaborating with other business units of the Smart Infrastructure division on cross-BU projects in the context of Totally Integrated Power and Smart Building strategies.
- Follow up and discuss product specifications with Siemens HQ
You are responsible for the following TIP product portfolio:
- Medium voltage switchgear and associated protection relays
- Protection and I&C for medium voltage switchgear
- Low voltage, main and subdivision boards and their protection/switchgear
- Electrical measurement systems and energy management
- Common busbar systems + Ethernet-based communication protocols (e.g. BacNet, Profibus, Profinet) and basic principles of building automation systems
- Engineering degree in Electricity, Electronics, Electromechanics, or equivalent by experience.
- Project experience is mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with electrical energy distribution in buildings and knowledge of the relevant technical standards.
- Good understanding of or previous experience in the market of engineering firms/installers/panel builders is an added value.
- Good planning and organization.
- Customer- and result-oriented, listening and communication ability, independent.
- Creative and analytical thinking to translate the market needs into our product range.
- You are fluent in Dutch with professional knowledge of English and French (or willingness to improve them).
What does Siemens have to offer?
At Siemens, you get the opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment. In the first instance, you will receive extensive training on our products. We encourage collegiality and provide premiums that support it. We offer varied work in a wide range of positions and intensive internal training to further develop your career. Permanent coaching and guidance by a mentor are also part of the process.
This position applies to the Teleworking CAO that allows 50/50 to work remotely. At Siemens, we stand for open consultation to discuss working conditions as transparently as possible.
Agoria's "Be The Change Charter" and the subsequent label "Employer ready for the future of work" call on companies to align their personnel policy with the labour market of tomorrow.
Just before the end of the year 2020, Siemens Belux was the first in Belgium to receive the label 'Employer ready for the future of work' from technology federation Agoria.
Do you feel like embarking on this adventure? Then apply now!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A./N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time