Software Engineer Advanced NX Additive Team
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Siemens develops complete suite of applications for additive manufacturing domain. Siemens is digitally transforming the additive manufacturing domain by developing digital twin in NX Additive applications. NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application is one of the key offering of Siemens in the additive domain.
NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application is used to develop multi-axis deposition paths for CNC machines and robotic applications. It finds it use in all the metal, polymer, and composite additive manufacturing processes. NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application offers users with capabilities such as layering with planes, and defining rotation on bodies, freeform shapes, and conical shapes.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven software developer to help support our NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing team, working in a lean-agile environment.
- Design, develop, modify, and maintain the NX Multi-Axis Additive Manufacturing application
- Conduct research, design, prototype, and other exploration activities, as necessary
- Create and test the constituents of the features
- Validate/ensure the quality of the software through unit and system level tests
- Collaborate with and support the Product Owner to create and refine user stories and acceptance tests
- Estimate the size and complexity of work
- Use paired programming and other practices for frequent review
- Build Quality into all work/activities
- Continuously communicate to align expectations and to support a transparent and safe environment
- When coding, design and implementation best practices should be used to build high-quality components and solutions
- Self-organizing to benefit from the expertise within the team, whilst sharing/spreading that knowledge for the future benefit of the team
- Own, with the rest of the team, how the work gets done
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters or higher degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- 2 or more years of experience in programming in an object-oriented language (preferably C++) using advanced design principles and patterns
- Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented design techniques
- 2 or more years of experience or course work developing 3D geometrical algorithms or robust mathematical solutions & architecture
- Familiar with Windows development environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- No travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Exposure to CAM programming software as a developer or an end-user
- Experience of working in an Agile/Lean development environment
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms for fixed or multi-axis machine control solutions
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.