Do you want to apply your technical skills in a dynamic and international environment? Siemens Cranes offers with her cutting edge soft- and hardware-solutions, one integral digital platform for customized harbor and automatic solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote-controlled cranes are only a few of the Siemens Cranes developments and you can help us continue to grow!
About the role
For reinforcement of our Cranes Sales team we are looking for a technically talented colleague with some commercial flair. The Proposal Engineer Professional supports in selling our high-end solutions and has vital role in contributing to our own international sales organization and customers. You will be helping in maintaining and expanding our world-wide contacts and making sure the growing demand for new container terminals is being met.
This role is based out of the Netherlands and you will be part of a compact sales team of 6 and cooperating with 8 Global Account Managers. As P.E.P. you will be working closely with the Cranes Team Manger Sales in the Netherlands to prepare market-fit proposals and make sure there is a successful closure of the bidding process.
This position offers a career growth path from a office based support function towards managing assigned accounts on a world-wide scale (25/75 travel/office). This will mean planned and incidental unplanned travels to locations world-wide for customer contact, in depth presentations and site visits.
- Understanding the working concept of container cranes and container terminals.
- Compiling technical concepts and solutions in cooperation with the customer and own organization.
- The bid management process and administration of tenders, timely submission of offers and evaluating contracts in variable team constellations.
- Communicating on a commercial and technical level with the customers.
- Collecting and processing market developments, information of competition and maintaining CRM tooling.
is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens technology. From which an ever-growing number is equipped with high end automation solutions. IT/OT Cyber Security, Digital Services, The Internet of (Every)Thing(s), Smart Industry, global trends which are applicable to crane solution! With the development of Siemens sensor technology and increased interconnectivity, the historical manual crane operation shifts rapidly to fully digital and flexible terminal operation. Fully automated Siemens terminals are operational, and this knowledge is transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Wat are we looking for?
You strive for the best technical solutions, are able to strategize and are focused on results. A strong sense of self support is key. You have no problem navigating cultural differences and welcome an international and diverse environment, within your team and in your client portfolio.
- A completed Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering /Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or similar.
- Knowledge of Automation, Visualization and Protection systems (such as Simatic S7, TIA Portal, WinCC).
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of mechatronics. Hands-on experience with container cranes and handling processes can be to your advantage.
- A broad market understanding of automation and drive technology as well as its competitors.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages such as Dutch or German is welcome.
- Experience in a comparable position and commercial experience in the B2B market is not required, but is preferred.
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of the benefits we offer you to make your work and life more enjoyable, more flexible and more exciting.
Therefor we offer:
- A fulltime role
- A good salary (plus variable income)
- 40 days' holiday per year.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance. Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- A very diverse and international team with enthusiastic and fun colleagues
- A yearly health budget of €150,-
- Continuous development opportunities and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
If you're interested, apply now. We are happy to meet you!
Should you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Sabrine Buitendijk, 0613585982
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology.
An online assessment and screening is part of the interview process.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time