Our future Digital Offering will include more and more intelligent and autonomous systems. For instance, autonomous driving (trains, busses, passenger vehicles) will enable new mobility concepts while requiring safe and reliable AI components for operation. Future plants consisting of autonomous production units that adapt and collaborate to build products with high variances in short times. Infrastructures based on decentralized intelligent systems that co-operate to achieve a desired overall behavior.
What part will you play?
In order to enable industrial-grade quality in intelligent systems Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) must be reliable and robust. Moreover, we need approaches to certify AI/ML-based intelligent systems in terms of functional safety.
- You consult with your expertise and knowhow to projects for the use of AI, Machine Learning and Intelligent Systems in safety-relevant applications through-out Siemens
- You are responsible for conceptualizing, architecting, developing and qualifying safety-relevant applications of intelligent systems for Siemens Businesses
- You do research on safe architectures, methods, and approaches for intelligent systems that are, e. g. based on ML, AI,
- You consult on the definition of novel safety assessment and certification methods for the development of autonomous systems
- You collaborate with business units within Siemens as well as externally with universities and industrial partners
- You support in the definition and execution of the innovation strategy of the Technology Field and Research Group
- You create and foster a network of experts in- and outside of Siemens and hence detect relevant innovation trends
- You have a master´s degree (or comparable) in computer science, mathematics, physics, or related disciplines
- You bring very good understanding of AI based machine vision
- You have extensive experience in functional safety in two of the following domains: automation, railway, health care, automotive
- You have in-depth expertise in the challenges of functional safety, reliability, and industry-grade robustness and how to tackle them
- You know methodologies to reduce the opaqueness of inference decisions and the evaluation of decision uncertainty
- You can quickly and independently incorporate new topics and analyze them in a goal-oriented manner
- Besides being fluent in German, you have excellent written and verbal English skills
- You are flexible to support businesses at their locations: this means traveling within Germany and sometimes other continents
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a future global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Appealing Siemens pension benefits
- Attractive job ticket offers and free use of e-charging stations (dependent on location)
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time