We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We are seeking to hire a Communications Systems Architect with a consistent track record to drive the design and integration requirements for the construction of a high speed rail system designed to take cars off the road and offer millions of travelers an eco-friendly (fully electric & zero emissions) way to travel! Ideally, you should have a detailed level understanding of network engineering theory and practices as well as use of design tools followed by a mature, validated practical experience in applying those designs into customer beneficial use in energy or transportation industries. This role will be based in Las Vegas, NV.
Get ready to Grow, Learn, Achieve, and Lead!What you will be doing:
- Provide technical network development for their allocated tasks
- Production of network architectural diagrams and design documents
- Production of fiber optic layout and cable schedules, diversity plans
- Participate and build trust with the customer being responsible for the scope of the deliverables
- Assist with presenting network design architecture to the project and the customer
- Be well rounded and ready to assist in integration challenges during and after hours.
- Development of associated test specifications including POC, FAT and integration test plans.
- Provide constant support and participate in field commissioning activities when required.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years’ post-graduation industry experience
- 6+ years of hands on experience in Ethernet LAN / WAN routing & switching architectures and configurations based on industry leading vendor products.
- Detailed understanding on data center and backbone infrastructure architectures including IP sub-netting experience is crucial
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Visio, Word, and Excel for detailing and illustration purposes.
- Excellent knowledge of writing detailed specifications and procedures taking the mentorship from Systems designers, external vendor authorities and customer specifications.
- Proven experience in Proof-of-Concept and Factory Acceptance level test planning, lab setup and execution to demonstrate conceptual designs. Expert knowledge in using Ethernet Testers: JDSU or equivalent, packet analyzers and captures for field integration troubleshooting and validation.
- Practical experience in Metro and ISP mature infrastructure as DWDM, SDN and legacy infrastructure as Sonet, ATM will be beneficial.
- Implementation skills in Firewall and security architectures from Cisco, Palo Alto, including Cyber security guidelines applicable for critical applications.
- Industry active certifications CCNP and CCDA or higher is helpful, though practical knowledge on standardized protocols, and use of Alcatel Lucent, Nokia, MPLS and MEF standards along with good knowledge on multi-vendor NMS applications will be considered.
- Willingness to work in field: Rail data center and wayside environments for time restricted deliverables, Lab build out for concept testing, extended work hours (if required) with quality and integrity in all aspects is encouraged.
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Systems Architect with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.