At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We are currently recruiting for x20 Overhaul Technicians on grades T1 and T2 to join us in Lincoln. In this role, you will be following health and safety requirements, defined processes and regulations, undertake bogie, wheelset and component overhaul and associated activities that support the operation of the fleet and service centre.
What are your responsibilities
With minimal supervision undertake the following overhaul and repair tasks of the allocated wheelsets and bogies whilst adhering to the requisite process and procedures:
- Carry out the initial inspection of wheelsets
- Axle bearing removal taking care to ensure no damage to the axle or components occurs and prepare the bearings for dispatch to the relevant external companies
- Paint removal on the axle
- Wheel pan removal taking the relevant precautions to ensure no damage to components is caused
- Painting activities (both repairs and spray painting)
- Surface defect removal
- Oil drain and fill on wheelset gearbox and couplings and any associated parts
- Initial Bogie inspection reporting any findings through the relevant maintenance portal and supervisor
- Wheelset removal taking care not to damage the frame or wheelsets
- Frame disassembly and component removal
- Carry out Component repair following
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
What do you need to qualify for the role
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering or process environment (relevant for T2 grades)
- Experience of basic fault finding (relevant for T2 grades)
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
Important to note
We currently have opportunities available to work on a shift pattern/rotation (mornings and afternoon shifts).
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
During the selection process, Siemens use specific criteria in line with our grading framework to ascertain where you would sit within our Technician structure. Siemens will make you an offer at the level deemed appropriate from performance throughout the selection and assessment process.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time