Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
The SCADA System Engineer’s primary responsibility is for the technical achievement of the project goals. The SCADA System Engineer is accountable to the Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Configuration and Execution of complete SCADA system.
- Get along with customer approvals, testing, open point closure and maintenance.
- Travel to remote sites for support.
- Proactive approach in resolving any issue related to SCADA.
- Raises Risks, Issues and Changes to the Project Team Lead and Project Manager
- Resolves technical disputes and makes tradeoffs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science / ECE/ Electrical Engineering/ IT
- Two to Five years SCADA system experience.
- Having in-depth knowledge SCADA systems for Electrical utilities.
- Having performed Factory and Site acceptance testing with customers.
- Having RH Linux OS basic knowledge with scripting on.
- Having know-how in Shell scripting, Perl and Python programming knowledge.
- Having Oracle and SQL knowledge to extract and modify data in database.
- Solid understanding in exchanging realtime data on protocols like IEC101, IEC104, ICCP, SOAP and REST.
- Take ownership at site & coordination with customer in daily basis.
This role is based in Kalwa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about Smart Infrastructure at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/topic-areas/smart-infrastructure.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time