- Participate in and co-ordinate the safe and efficient planning and progress of IP networking delivery activities in relation to project timeline and budget. Ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and support the Project Engineering Manager with respect to the dependencies between IP networking activities and those other activities.
- Support the Project Manager and management team to record the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met. Effect remedial action where required.
- Review and assess the impact of changes to the IP networking system, including all relevant interfaces, and implement changes in a safe & controlled manner.
- Assist with forecasting the IP networking resources necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders from an IP networking perspective and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Presenting/communicating the network architecture and its implications to the project team.
- Support the definition and controlled implementation of new/evolving company standards around the delivery of IP networks.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer as directed.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
- Background of deployment of IP networking projects
- Demonstrable experience of the technical constraints around copper and fibre optic Ethernet network deployment.
- Experience of configuration management and how that can be applied in a controlled, safety critical environment.
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Networking/Computing HND or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Incorporated Engineer status or working towards.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience of deploying networks in a control systems environment
- Experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- Hold or be working towards IRSE Project Engineer licence.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time