Smart infrastructure from Siemens makes the world a more connected and caring place – where resources are valued, where impact on the world is considered, where sustainable energy is delivered reliably and efficiently. It provides the flexible infrastructure to allow society to evolve and respond to changing conditions. Technology and the ingenuity of people come together to be at one with our environments and to care for our world. We do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. Siemens offers a broad portfolio of grid control and automation; low- and medium-voltage power distribution, switching and control; and building automation, fire safety and security, HVAC control and energy solutions.
JOIN US! WE MAKE REAL WHAT MATTERS. THIS IS YOUR ROLE.
What are my responsibilities?
The System Engineer’s primary responsibility is for the technical achievement of the project goals. The System Engineer is accountable to the Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Provide support in system installation.
- Travel to remote sites for support.
- Proactive approach in resolving any issue related to OS and Hardware.
- Escalates Risks, Issues and Changes to the Project Team Lead and Project Manager
- Resolves technical disputes and makes tradeoffs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science / ECE/ Electrical Engineering/ IT
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- RH Linux OS knowledge
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Two to Four years system administration experience.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends
- Take ownership at site & coordination with customer in daily basis
- Hands on experience on logging/Monitoring tool, SIEM, Firewall, IDS/IPS
This role is based in Mumbai Kalwa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in across Gender, LGBTQ+, Abilities & Ethnicity. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow
Find out more about Smart Infrastructure at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/topic-areas/smart-infrastructure.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time