Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Do you have a computer science or application lifecycle management (ALM) background? Do you have a talent for learning complex concepts and communicating them in a way that is engaging and easily understood by users?
If yes, consider a career as an Information Developer Advanced for the Polarion software lifecycle management solution and work in hybrid mode (home office and in our Prague office).
Why Siemens Industry Software?
- A shared sense of purpose, camaraderie, and humor
- Training to gain knowledge in the field
- Editing and graphics specialist support
- DITA-based authoring with an integrated CCMS
- Ability to innovate and drive content improvements
What you’ll be doing
As an information developer, you’ll ensure that customers understand how to configure and use Polarion to achieve their specific business goals. You will work closely with a talented team of developers, global services personnel, and product managers to expand your knowledge and document new technologies and integrations.
Responsibilities include developing conceptual information, examples, process flows, procedures, and reference material delivered in the medium (text, images, videos) best suited to your audience.
In this role, you’ll be a member of the Product Information Design and Development (PIDD)-LCS team. PIDD is a centralized organization of nearly 200 information development professionals supporting much of the diverse Siemens Digital Industries Software portfolio. Together with support staff, we form a diverse, collaborate group that strives to develop our people, improve our processes, and deliver world-class content to our users.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills and experience:
· ALM software industry knowledge or experience working with an ALM system
· 3+ years of proven experience in technical writing (preferably in a software development environment)
· Fluent in both spoken and written English
· Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills
· Experience with structured authoring and content management systems (DITA, Oxygen, and IXIASOFT CCMS experience a plus)
· BA/BS in technical communication or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
· Polarion experience
· GitLab or similar branched repository experience
· Camtasia experience
· Experience with SaaS product documentation
· Experience working with remote teams and international colleagues
What we offer?
- Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
- Extra paid vacation days
- Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
- Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
- Support with relocation
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Homepage:
Siemens Digital Enterprise videos:
Siemens PLM & MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time