What are my responsibilities?
The application engineer’s responsibility is to carry project execution activities in real-time power system applications like EMS, ADMS, AGC and etc for the domestic as well as international projects. The application engineer will be accountable to fulfill the requirements from project technical lead and project manager.
Following are the key roles and responsibilities
· Technical evaluation of customer’s specification during sales support and project execution.
· Technical document preparation and approval from customer
· Engineering and modeling of network in EMS, ADMS and AGC in Spectrum products
· Power System modeling in Spectrum products for Transmission and Distribution network
· Analyze and tune Power Flow, State Estimator, Contingency Analysis, Optimal Power Flow, Transmission Capacity Analysis, Fault Calculation.
· Modeling with respect to Automatic Generation Control and tuning in Real Time
· Preparation and execution of Factory Acceptance Tests, Site Acceptance test and customer approval
· Delivering the training in Spectrum product applications to customers
· Testing of features and reporting the bugs in Clear Quest tool
· Coordination with SAG Head Quarter for bug fixing, explaining the project specific requirements
· Preparing customer demos for supporting sales team
· Technical discussions with customer to understand the requirements and convincing customer to adopt to Siemens specifications
· Deploying code patches
· Delivering the targets while controlling and optimizing the engineering cost
· Perl, python and sql scripts to automate testing
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- · M. Tech in Power Systems and B.E./B. Tech in Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- · Strong power system fundamentals with experience in study and analyzing power system applications
- · Good knowledge in SQL queries and SQL developer and ability to analyze and write the C, C++, Fortran, Python, perl programmes.
- · Knowledge in operating systems Windows, Linux and commands.
- · Ability to drive the activities for fulfilling the business targets and self motivated. Good communication skills
- · Enthusiastic about latest trends in power systems and emerging technologies like electrical vehicles, renewable energy, energy conservation etc.
- · Knowledge in operating practices in electrical Utilities.
- · Willingness to travel on small frequent or long-term trips – domestic and international
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time