If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
We are looking for an experienced Project Buyer to join our Rail Infrastructure team at our Derby Office. This role will be responsible for the procurement and contract supplier management predominately managing our ETCS project. You will continually seek to improve efficiency through the development of best practice procurement techniques. Reporting to the Head of Project Materials, you will be joining a project buying team of 10 people nationally.
What are my responsibilities?
- As a procurement representative in the Derby office, you will help to promote the presence of the procurement team within the project and in addition to the office be part of a small regional team for all material requirements.
- Monthly travel to Chippenham, where additional ETCS stakeholder are located, will be expected in this role.
- To work with a small ETCS team of procurement and engineering professionals you will be expected to immerse yourself into the ETCS project, continually engaging and maintaining supplier details for the project.
- Responsible for day-to-day ordering in addition to creating and managing key supplier contracts and expediting.
- Responsible for obtaining quotations from suppliers where framework agreements are not in place.
- Engagement with key stakeholders is key to the role and a strategic outlook would benefit this position.
- Ensuring that the client approved materials/parts are delivered within time, to budget, and to specification.
- Supporting Project Management team to develop and manage project delivery plans.
- Ensure that timely communication of all internal reports is met.
- Work as a team to enable our department KPI’s are met on activities such as material savings, cost avoidance and electronic e-bid & auctions.
- Fully participate in all relevant Siemens Procurement Management training & process activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Previous experience of working in a project procurement role, ideally rail.
- MCIPS qualified or studying.
- A working knowledge of ERP & SAP experience
- Good interpersonal and persuasion skills.
- Good numerate and Microsoft IT skills.
- Commercially savvy, proactive& challenging, delivery focussed
- Good communication skills written & oral (essential)
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time