The Project Mechanic will support the installation and repair of Baggage Handling Systems and equipment at airports throughout the US. This role is required to travel to a site for several weeks at a time. Majority of work will be performed Monday - Friday and shift times will vary according to site and job requirements. Some weekend shifts may be required.
Salary: 60 - 80k with $1000 Sign On Bonus.
Work Location: Remote with up to 75% travel required.
- Project Mechanic will be performing installation, repair, troubleshooting and testing of BHS equipment.
- Operational and maintenance activities will be performed when needed.
- Must have the ability to work in small teams to complete necessary tasks.
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills including but not limited to belts, bearings, pulleys, drives, and gearmotors.
- Industrial electrical troubleshooting skills including 480V three phase motor and control circuits, electrical schematic print reading, variable frequency drives, motor starters and input/output systems.
- Adhere to all safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Excellent Customer Relations skills.
- Familiarity with high level control systems.
- Electro-Electronics / Mechanical skills required.
- Mechanical Install experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of PLC systems and operations preferred.
Physical requirements include, but are not limited to:
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Valid driver license with clean MVR.
- Must be able to travel up to 75%.
- Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
Siemens Logistics is recognized by “Fortune” as one of 2022’s Most Admired Companies in the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that embraces and promotes ownership culture, empowerment, open communication, diversity, and collaboration.
As an employee of Siemens Logistics, benefits start on day one and include:
- Sign-on Bonus - $5000
- Competitive pay
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible/Hybrid HQ office work schedule
- Paid time off/company holidays
Design your future with us! Apply today and join Team Siemens.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.