Job title: Deputy Manager – Purchase to Pay (SCM Specialist Professional)
provide extensive high-quality and cost-efficient Purchase-to-Pay services from
purchasing to the processing of outgoing payments.
We work with a strongly integrated system and a highly automated purchasing process
Our customers receive state-of-the-art, easy-to-use Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) services. We deliver maximum value to the business by driving P2P optimization and digitalization using our entrepreneurial approach, and we support our customers’ current and future business requirements with the help of our high level of process and automation competency.
Responsible for leading the local purchasing team in India, by providing day-to-day leadership and management support to the local team and meeting the material availability, cost, inventory, quality, and supplier management targets. The individual will be responsible to develop the team to support the on-going needs for the business and interacts with the partners in Norwood, OH (USA). The role will provide results driven leadership for all procurement activities to ensure that all key inventory, supplier performance and material availability targets are achieved.
This is your role. What part will you play?
· Lead and mentor purchasing team to ensure that all plant needs in regard to material availability and inventory requirements are balanced and in the correct alignment
· Taking over and executing some material key accounts, incl. PO management, vendor development, forecasting, logistic models
· Collaborate internationally China-India-Europe-(USA) and other countries with hours that would accommodate 3PM through 12AM Indian Standard Time
· Partner with commodity management to develop, implement and maintain supply chain strategies that align plant needs with commodity strategies
· Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for the procurement activities at the plant
· Manage systems and processes to support inventory forecasting, material and capacity planning, scheduling, cost control and make vs. buy decisions
· Identify, develop and manage relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets
· Development of individualized part by part material stocking and replenishment plans
· Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
· BS degree in business, logistics, engineering or other related fields
· 5-10 years’ experience in management of materials and procurement
· intercultural skills/background
· Working knowledge of MRP systems, strong SAP background (MM/PP)
· Excel, Word, Power Point and SAP proficiency required
· Use tools, processes and metrics to optimize supplier value for our business
· Leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering and collaborative working environment
· Strong analytical problem-solving ability with excellent communication skills
· Negotiation experience
· Ability to coordinate between multiple groups in a cross functional environment to achieve objectives
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens:
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and We welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time