Senior Frontend Software Developer
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
Building Robotics Inc is a trailblazing Silicon Valley company in Smart Buildings and IoT. We're looking for the brightest minds to join our team as we build end-to-end IoT solutions from sensors to cloud-based Big Data and web-based applications. One of our core missions is to help our customers meet their sustainability challenges. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 90% at a large and growing number of Fortune 500 companies. Once deployed in commercial buildings, intelligent lighting networks forms the basis for new IoT applications such as space utilization, traffic flow, asset tracking, and air quality monitoring, allowing customers to gain insights into how their buildings and assets are being used.
Building Robotics is part of the Siemens family of companies, combining the agility and culture of a Silicon Valley start-up with the global reach of an industry heavyweight. You will join an energetic, cross-functional team working to seize an enormous market opportunity, backed by all the resources of Siemens, with approximately 4,300 employees across Canada who work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing.
We are looking for Senior Frontend Software Engineer to work on our market-leading workplace intelligence platform. This is an opportunity to make a difference by developing solutions that make workplaces into interactive and efficient spaces in which to work. Come join our startup culture and participate firsthand in designing the future of workspaces.
Having successfully deployed the first generation of our app, which provided end users with an intuitive way to control the temperature within their building, learning their preferences in the process, we are now well into the next generation, which extends into a range of IT, OT, and IoT use cases (including room booking, access control, wayfinding, and visitor management); and are exploring ways to leverage machine learning across our product. Simultaneously, we are aggressively growing our user base, with some of the largest-ever Comfy deployments currently in flight.
We value clean architecture and modern approaches to software development and testing. Our products consist of cloud-based micro-services and modern web and mobile applications. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers.
We’re building flexible, extensible web and mobile apps that allow users to interact with the buildings they work in. You will be developing intuitive, attractive, and usable interfaces in cooperation with UI designers, and working closely with product management and customers to understand how products could be more effective. We’re looking for curious systems thinkers who can identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be part of a cutting edge development team while improving the lives of people in buildings all over the world. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
What will you do?
- First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own, although you have the experience to know that a winning product requires an entire team.
- You are curious and passionate about knowing “why”, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
- You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
- Agile development is second-nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our ceremonies.
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required or equivalent experience
- 5 years of front end development experience with at least one major web framework (React, Vue, Angular)
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring services to ensure the application is behaving as expected
- You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Industry experience developing customer-facing web and mobile applications
- Ability to prototype quickly with paper, wireframes or UI mocks to rapidly iterate on possible solutions
- Experience working with designers to create great-looking, highly usable user interfaces
- Knowledge of techniques for user experience testing and validation
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Cordova, Android, iOS development
- Experience with designing web and mobile applications for accessibility
- Experience working with third-party / IoT integrations
- Experience with Building Management Systems and Controllers
- Experience working with platforms for Big Data or Machine Learning solutions
Technologies We Use: Docker/Kubernetes | AWS | Docker | Datadog | Gitlab CI/CD | Python | TensorFlow | Shell Scripting | Terraform | PostgreSQL | MongoDB | Kafka |Redis | MLflow
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.