Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a PET Radiopharmaceutical Production & Equipment Specialist to provide service maintenance for multiple cyclotrons, chemistry modules and analytical equipment service performed by 3rd parties.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a PET Radiopharmaceutical Production & Equipment Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Providing service maintenance for multiple cyclotrons, chemistry modules and analytical equipment.
- Providing maintenance oversight for facility equipment service performed by 3rd parties.
- Performing manufacturing (cyclotron and chemistry module operation) and quality control processes (utilizing analytical equipment TLC, HPLC, GC), under supervision as required by State and Federal law, as required.
- Complying with all regulatory standards including EH&S, cGMP, Radiation Safety, applicable pharmacy laws, DOT, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required.
- Responding to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time.
- Completing and submitting work history tickets in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details.
- Scheduling work and support the site cyclotron engineer and site manager in optimizing spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness.
- Supporting the site cyclotron engineer in monitoring and improvement of Up Time for all production and analytical system(s).
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Participate in personnel training and staff development.
- Incorporate new technology, products and processes into daily operations.
- Works cross-functionally with production team to successfully implement strategic initiatives.
- Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product and equipment performance and recommends modifications and improvements.
- Participates in routine biomarker production function as directed by the site manager.
- Supports the site cyclotron engineer in execution of Preventative Maintenance of Cyclotrons, Chemistry Modules, and QC Equipment as per the SOP's as required.
- Support the manufacturing staff in routine logistics functions including preparing product for shipment, coordinating courier schedules and documenting as directed by the site manager.
- Implement approved SOP changes to preventative maintenance, production and quality control processes
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- 2-5 years of experience in servicing, troubleshooting and maintaining capital equipment or laboratory equipment
- Electrical and Mechanical troubleshooting skills/experience
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience with Analytical Chemistry Equipment and Processes (HPLC, GC, TLC) experience preferred but not required
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Chemistry, Science, Engineering or related field preferred but not required
- Experience working in a sterile or clean room laboratory/environment preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of the PET radioisotope production preferred
- Ability to make shift changes often and weekend availability
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.