Siemens Cybersecurity Defense is a global organization within Siemens consisting of regionally aligned teams across Germany, Portugal, Spain, United States, Mexico, and China. The mission of the organization is to proactively identify anomalies, respond and remediate Cybersecurity issues related to IT infrastructure, Operational Technology (OT), and products of Siemens.
Siemens CERT is a dedicated team of Security Engineers with the mission to secure the Siemens infrastructure. CERT also monitors the current Cyber Threat Landscape for Siemens and assesses its potential impact to the enterprise. Based on that know-how and the latest technological trends, it consults with the Information Technology departments in Siemens to improve the enterprise IT Security. The team is responsible for coordinating the response to Cyber Security Incidents within Siemens.
We are looking for a Cyber Incident Responder (m/f/d)
What are my responsibilities?
- Investigate and follow through on IT security incidents in a geographically distributed environment, considering all relevant technical and non-technical stakeholders during all phases of the incident
- Guided by documented processes and Key Experts, analyze reports about potential / suspected incidents, collect and analyze technical incident information and log data. Generate reports and ensure progress on incident tickets
- Help improving our vast internal toolset by contributing improvement ideas on functionality and new features; ability to implement these improvements yourself by writing code a big plus
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Significant technical system expertise (e.g. gathered from being an IT Administrator) with relevant exposure and expertise in IT Security, in several of the following technologies: Linux and Windows operating systems, web-technologies (encryption, HTTP, REST), networking, cloud environments
- Excellent ability to interact with both technical experts and non-technical staff in exceptional situations to ensure correct actions are taken and communication partners collaborate
- Excellent working knowledge of technical and organizational aspects of information security, e.g. regarding detection of and reaction to intrusion attempts / attacks in IT applications, systems, and networks. Prior experience in Incident Response and/or IT Forensics a significant plus
- Ability to present and explain complex technical topics to both management and technical experts
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented fashion with the clear desire to become an acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise
May have knowledge or experience in some of the following areas:
- Cloud Security expertise
Company: Siemens, S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time