Mobility in the US is in the middle of a technological revolution. Yunex Traffic (formerly Siemens Intelligent Traffic Systems) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward- looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at Yunex Traffic help make cities smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service - we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a motivated Groundman to join our project team in Houston, TX!
The Groundman assists with installation and maintenance of cables, fibers, and cameras associated with traffic signal and street light systems. You will work closely with engineering technicians to provide optimum maintenance services to agency customers. The crew will occasionally work overtime and working outside is encouraged. If you have a background with electrical work or road construction, we'd love to have you apply & join our team!Responsibilities:
- Maintains street level plant and equipment daily including concrete ground boxes, poles, and various containers housing traffic signal switching and other electrical equipment.
- Utilizes hand tools, shovels, and concrete equipment when maintaining, removing or installing new underground conduit and related equipment.
- Operates hydraulic bucket truck when needed.
- Performs maintenance on street lighting fixtures and other housings when needed, utilizing hand and power tools.
- Mixes & pours concrete on new installations.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a ground laborer, utilizing shovels and other hand tools.
- May be required to get IMSA Work Zone Safety certification and bucket truck operator certification.
- Have the ability to lift and move equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. Must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) physical exam and drug test, have a valid driver's license, and insurance
Why you’ll love working at Yunex!
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Flexible paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.