Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic Senior Account Executive for our Energy Performance Services (EPS) Sales team.
We are looking for that person who is a visionary and strategist with a goal to help our customers reduce their energy consumption, become more sustainable and resilient by providing them with solutions to manage energy in a sustainable manner. Key to this role is selling solutions vs products!!
This role will manage and grow the EPS business in Canada. You will have a proven track record of identifying market needs, developing sales strategies to address customer objectives, and developing EPS solutions to help clients improve their facilities, operations, and profitability. In addition, you should have experience working with customers to develop an energy strategy, realize the strategy, and build long-term, trusted advisor relationships. To be considered, your successes should include year-over-year sales growth over multiple years.
The EPS sales team works across multiple Siemens divisions and other local Siemens branch offices to position Siemens as a preferred solutions provider for demand- and supply-side energy programs, including building retrofit, performance contracting, and Distributed Energy Systems (DES) projects.
- Maintain executive, C-level relationships within identified accounts.
- Identify and qualify sales leads individually and with cross-divisional sales teams (develop sales funnel).
- Work with EPS senior management to assess and develop organizational strategies that drive growth within an existing market or allow entry into new market opportunities.
- Work with Siemens portfolio management organization to identify new portfolio opportunities.
- Work with marketing to develop or enhance product positioning to increase market awareness and establish a strong value proposition to our end users.
- Manage sophisticated deals independently within established guidelines.
- Consultatively assist customers in understanding their financial business goals, uncover challenges, and define long-term infrastructure solutions.
- Thoroughly understand the wide-ranging challenges within your vertical market in order to develop a strategic approach to secure business.
- Secure customer contracts and develop financing options to allow projects to move forward.
- Work with operations, finance, legal, and other inside and outside resources to obtain customer commitment.
- Ensure smooth sales-to-operations turnover prior to the start of construction.
- Assist in customer billing and collections and ensure high customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support new Account Executives through mentoring, job shadowing, training, and career development.
- Team-sell with other salespeople when appropriate and mutually beneficial.
- Establish leadership roles in civic and professional organizations.
- Serve as an organizational spokesperson for Siemens EPS at industry workshops and seminars.
- Keep current on market and business trends.
- Maintain a clear understanding of competitors within the assigned vertical/geographic market.
- Understand customer market drivers, business objectives, and operational challenges to develop customer-specific value propositions and account strategies.
- Complete needs assessments, financial justifications, and related proposals and presentations.
- Prepare sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Travel up to 70% with 10% allocated for training.
Location: Ontario is the preferred location, however, open to other office locations across Canada.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred; a combination of education and experience will also be considered; Master’s degree in Business Administration a plus
- 10+ years of executive consultative selling experience providing complex solutions and/or financial transactions that underwrite construction (e.g., underwriting bonds)
- Proficiency in value-selling solutions and services at this corporate level
- Experience working with customers to develop an energy strategy, realize the strategy, and building long-term relationships.
- Demonstrated involvement in any of the following is considered a plus:
- Software, IoT, and networking experience
- Expertise in the energy industry, specifically distributed energy sector, preferred
- Relationship or history with local clients
- Familiarity with energy-related financing programs
- Familiarity with state and local utility provider regulations
- Experience with engineering and/or Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) developers
- Ability to plan, navigate, and negotiate sales processes
- Strong understanding of customer business and drivers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Possess a valid driver's license in good standing
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.