Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position requires the coordination and delivery of multiple, simultaneous fire and security projects of various complexities. The Associate Project Manager has fiscal responsibility for all project facets, including project billing, job cost reporting, forecasting accuracy and overall customer satisfaction.
- Review project specifications, drawings, and project-specific documents to establish project intent.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule and coordinate needs with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation needs.
- Manage the requisition of supplies and materials to complete projects.
- Review plans and specifications and participate in project cost reviews
- Conduct an orientation for project technicians and provide all necessary project documentation, including scope of work, drawings, applicable specifications, application-engineered drawings, project contacts, etc.
- Track resources and project progress.
- Document project events that impact the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency.
- Pursue project-specific change-order opportunities.
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing; coordinate with Accounting team and Operations Manager.
- Schedule project-specific commissioning resources and provide commissioning documentation.
- Expedite the return of project-specific mark-ups for as-built development.
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation
- Effectively manage and coordinate subcontractors to meet scope, scheduling, and financial requirements.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures; report unsafe conditions and actions.
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred
- Ability to travel 10%
- Based on previous professional and/or academic experience, demonstrable business acumen and technical understanding required to manage fire and security projects
- Knowledgeable in local and national (NFPA) fire alarm codes and regulations preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of industry applications; ability to read and understand drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.