Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
The promise of a digital future…today. With the digital twin, Siemens Digital Industries Software blurs the boundaries between the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. For more information about us visit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mVLaUyO4UPosition Overview
Siemens DI SW is seeking software development professionals to contribute to our Heat Transfer (HEAT) program. The primary focus of the HEAT team, a unit within our Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) division, is the development of thermal heat transfer processes, energy, conjugate heat transfer and radiation modeling capabilities in Siemens Digital Industries’ flagship multi-physics simulation product, Simcenter STAR-CCM+.
The HEAT development team is responsible for developing accurate, robust, and efficient models and solution techniques for the simulation of heat and energy transfer within complex industrial problems. As a team member, you will be expected to contribute to both the innovation and development of new features, as well as the improvement and maintenance of existing functionality. Your responsibility will be to ensure a well-designed, high-quality, robust implementation; efficient operation; and good scalability in our highly-parallel, client-server platform.Responsibilities:
As a HEAT program member, your specific responsibilities will include:
· Hands-on, full-stack software development of heat transfer related feature enhancements within the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ framework
· Participating in design and development of core heat transfer simulation modeling capabilities and workflows in Simcenter STAR-CCM+ based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives
· Gathering testing requirements and troubleshooting issues with the QA team and other stakeholders
· Supporting maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
· Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
· Supporting other developers through design discussion and code reviewRequired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
· A Master’s or PhD degree in engineering or physical science discipline, ideally focusing on heat transfer modeling
· 2 years’ experience in commercial CFD software development, or 5 years’ experience in non-commercial CFD software development
· Minimum 3 years of experience in hands-on coding and simulation software development
· Expertise in thermal system modeling, heat transfer, thermal radiation, solar radiation, heat exchanger, conjugate heat transfer, numerical solution of PDEs using FV or FE methods
· Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
· Expertise in high-fidelity and high-performance parallel CFD algorithms
· Expertise in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principlesPreferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Expertise in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer, multiphase, or combustion
· Expertise in application of CFD methods: vehicle aerodynamics, internal combustion engines, turbomachinery
· Experience with C++ Expression Templates and Template Meta-Programming
· Experience with GPGPU programming
· Experience with Java programming
· Experience in multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviewsMentorship and Career Growth:
Our expanding team of Simcenter Product Managers have a mix of experience in both cloud and simulation and are committed to mentoring and onboarding new team members. Continuous learning is a key part of our culture, with learning days for the entire organization several times a year. At Siemens we encourage everyone to own their career and enable Product Managers to take on more complex products and services over time.Join our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.