Would you like to develop yourself in complex engineering (automation) projects? Does travelling and challenging projects sounds like your ideal job? We are interested in you!
About the job
We continuously strive to strengthen our position with smart engineering solutions. You will create engineering solutions for our harbor cranes projects. We have a lean approach to project engineering and try to identify efficiencies in everything we do. Next to all design and engineering phases you will also be part of the commissioning phase. Creating a solution in the office and experiencing it in the field will make you an even better engineer!
You will work together with the Cranes departments in The Netherlands and (a.o. Development team) Germany.
- Support the components, system or solution designer in realizing detailed technical solutions;
- The detail engineering of projects;
- Supports the commissioning and acceptance tests;
- Coordinate the technical interfaces, in collaboration with solution engineers of other subject areas;
- Track, document and report development progress regularly.
You will have close contact with the sales, project management and engineering teams. As Solution Engineer you will report to Pieter van der Plas, head of engineering.
Siemens Cranes (part of Siemens Digital Industries) provides a single, integrated, digital platform for harbor cranes and automated guided vehicles (AGVs) solutions with its advanced software and hardware solutions. Simulations with digital twins and fully remote-controlled cranes are just two examples of the innovations at Siemens Cranes. With the development of sensor technology and increased integrality, historic manual crane operations are rapidly shifting to fully digital, fully automated, flexible and remotely controlled terminal operations.
To strengthen the team, the department Cranes is searching for a colleague with broad knowhow and curiosity about drive technology, automation and digitalization.
- A technical master or bachelor degree;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages;
- Knowledge of .Net, C++, C#, SQL;
- Work or internship(s) experience with container cranes and or container terminals;
- Because of your experience with industrial automation of machines you understand the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Business proficient English and able to travel around the world;
- A driver’s license.
About the offer
Working at Siemens is truly rewarding. Not only because of what you can contribute, but also because of your enthusiastic colleagues, the way we think about inclusion, integrity and creating a healthy work life balance.
- A good salary plus fixed 13th month;
- 40 leave days;
- Health budget of EUR 150 a year, participation in Share Matching Program and maybe joining our young Siemens communitie;
- You will be part of a leading international brand and network, and work in a divers team;
- Continuous development opportunities, via our MyGrowth learning platform and our Growth talks.
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we would like to meet you!
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Bouwmeester, 0683102470
The application procedure includes a screening and an assessment.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
‘Siemens is an equal opportunities employer’
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either