Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
The Sustainability Manager leads the effort in Canada to deliver on the Siemens DEGREE framework. This individual demonstrates knowledge of Siemens sustainability objectives, the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs) and provides strategic advice on matters of sustainability to protect environmental integrity and social justice, while creating economic value.
In keeping with the Siemens brand value of transforming the everyday, the Sustainability Manager works closely with internal and external stakeholders working towards goals defined in the Siemens DEGREE framework, including zero carbon emissions, 100% electric vehicles fleet and our leadership position in enabling decarbonization in the Canadian economy through the use of our vast environmental portfolio of products and solutions.
The Sustainability Manager coordinates sustainability-related matters in the respective organization in alignment with other relevant Units with Governance.
What will you do?
- Build a framework for an SDG program focusing on Environmental and Social initiatives across multiple businesses that align with the corporate strategy and leverage to expand opportunities across the organization
- Consultative selling of Siemens Environmental Portfolio to Customers
- Supports the development and execution of Siemens Canada go-to market strategy for Decarbonization and drive executive level business development activities with external organizations to enhance Siemens market penetration
- Educate on ethical and social concerns and guidelines relevant to achievement of sustainability objectives and promote sustainable societies
- Drive public relations and communication strategies on environmental issues.
- Support the development and delivery of customer communications within business development and sales environments in a variety of product and solution portfolios
- Creates and maintains internal tracking on greenhouse gas emissions reduction projects, initiatives, and progress along with additional sustainability performance metrics
- Coordinates the documentation of Siemens vast environmental portfolio benefits to Canadian economy and prepares communications to internal and external stakeholders about Siemens customers decarbonization successes
- Prepares and monitors reports on operational greenhouse gas emissions from buildings and fleet, using this information for policy creation to drive sustainability targets.
- Prepares and supports the creative development of awareness programs and strategy to communicate sustainability performance, goals and initiatives
- Monitors and assesses business- and country-relevant sustainability trends, developments, opportunities and risks in alignment with other Units with Governance.
- Develops implementation plans to further embed sustainability aspects into decisions, strategies, portfolio, processes, and systems and enabling of our people in close collaboration with business, process and function owners and reports back to the CEO.
- Acts as an internal ambassador for sustainability and is an active member of the internal Siemens Sustainability network.
- Leverages sustainability topics and the DEGREE framework for positioning. communication, and our people engagement in collaboration with business Communications and other relevant departments.
- Acts as first point of contact for requests on strategic sustainability topics within the unit.
- Engages with external stakeholders on sustainability related topics in relation to their business and
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders to manage annual submission for industry awards as well as performing research on relevant sustainability and Sustainable Development Goals forums within Canada
- Prepares awareness materials for employee communications and maintain intranet content as well as collaborating with social media content leads for internal and external communications
- Present expert information on environmental matters at conferences, clinics, and/or gatherings of stakeholders and policy makers
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in a related field (Specialization in sustainability/business ethics/change management, Environmental Performance, Construction Engineering Technology) or suitable combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in environmental, sustainability and/or social responsibility program management.
- Consultative selling experience
- Deep knowledge in sustainability, climate change, environmental topics, and current trends
- A pro-active approach to problem solving with an emphasis on growth mindset.
- Highly skilled in data analysis and building smart and efficient cross-functional processes
- Exceptional interpersonal / customer service skills in dealing effectively with multiple departments.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to independently recognize/meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, supporting the creation of clear and compelling communications.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.