Position: Senior Legal Counsel
Job Family: Commercial Law
Position Type: Professional/Expert
Location: Cairo - Egypt
We are recruiting for a Senior Legal Counsel position in our office in Cairo, a role that requires fast learning and growth into/ within the regional Legal team. The Senior Legal Counsel will be part of our multinational and multifunctional Legal team in the Middle East and will be the business partner for local business leads and management. He/she is responsible for legal research, provide legal advice, review, draft and negotiate the terms and conditions of different contracts with customers, partners, suppliers, etc. and to manage claims, when requested, related to the execution of contracts. He/she will report to the General Counsel Middle East in Dubai.
The qualified candidate will have at least 4 years of relevant post qualified experience. Arabic as mother tongue is a must.
- Counsels internal business partners as a trusted advisor in legal matters within assigned area;
- Identifies and analyzes legal risks and opportunities, and drives solutions;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating agreements in assigned area;
- Files reports on material legal risks and proceedings to meet relevant internal and external regulations and requirements;
- Ensures adherence to given legal policies and processes;
- liasing with external counsels;
- Update management with any new laws related to the companies activities;
- Represents legal expertise and acts as an ambassador for the internal and external legal community; and
- Ensure the filing of all legal and regulatory documents and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Holding Bachelor or Master degree in Law.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Excellent ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in an international corporation or law firm.
- Apart from Arabic mother tongue, excellent command of the English languages.
- Growth Mindset
- Ability to work seamlessly in multi-cultural teams
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Egyptian-German Electrical Manufacturing Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time