System Engineer - HVAC
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Able to define the architecture, the functionalities of the Heating, Ventilation and Air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge of multiple areas of application like Metro, Passenger Coaches, Locomotives, etc.
- Functionally manage project activities and/or external engineering sub-contractors.
- Collaborate with other functional groups to manage requirements and provide inputs for interfacing with Software, electrical and mechanical groups.
- Lead technical development of interiors adhering to the Quality, Cost & Delivery (QCD) commitments of the Project/Tender.
- Key interface for HVAC systems from India to work with Headquarters / Lead unit in Europe or across the globe.
- Deploy and apply development procedures, Engineering processes and PLM milestones into the design and development of HVAC systems.
- Ensure an efficient interface & alignment with internal / External stakeholders such as Engineering, Procurement, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Project management, suppliers & subcontractors for assigned project / Tender.
- Responsible for Requirement management for HVAC systems scope and ensuring internal stakeholders & external suppliers’ compliance in line with project QCD targets.
- Lead & organize Design reviews as per project/Tender milestones and get necessary approvals for design release.
- Responsible for testing and validation of HVAC systems and leading and approval from Engineering side.
- Responsible for Supplier identification, qualification & development from Engineering side for HVAC systems.
Use your skills to move the world forward
- Mechanical Engineer with minimum 8 years’ experience in HVAC subsystem design and development in Rolling stock industry; specifically in Indian Metro market.
- Additional Knowhow of interior installations design and development will be preferred.
- Knowhow and use Creo & PDM link will be added advantage.
- Has already worked (preferably) with Train builders & interior suppliers.
- Able to demonstrate management of engineering teams when applicable.
- Being agile, ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline.
- Able to work in an international & multicultural environment within a matrix organization structure.
- Good written and spoken communication skills (in English). German will be an advantage.
- Ready to travel locally and internationally as in when required by projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time