Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens IES division develops CAPITAL, a software suite used globally by automotive and aerospace manufacturers and wire harness suppliers to enhance their electrical distribution system (EDS) design and manufacturing flows.
CAPITAL is a Java-based tool that encompasses the following technologies:
- Computer Aided Design and Engineering
- Intuitive UX (Swing & JavaFX) for vehicle design (schematic design, reporting, automated engineering tasks)
- Relational Database data storage (Oracle, Postgres)
- Multiple platforms supported (Windows, UNIX)
- Customer-specific integration and customization (Web Services, Custom Java APIs)
- Highly interactive Web and tablet clients
- Framework for automated regression and performance testing
It is encouraged that the candidate will acquire a broad understanding of our products, their domains, and their application; have the confidence to express ideas as part of a creative software team; have a genuine curiosity about technological trends; have the ability to meet deadlines; to think creatively about solutions to sophisticated technical problems; and be constantly striving to improve the team’s results and the quality of the software.What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Software Development Manager you will be working in a small, agile development team focusing on providing solutions to complex, real-world engineering challenges.
CAPITAL has a large codebase and development environment primarily based on the Java platform. Experience in the following areas would be advantageous (but not a must-have):
- Modern Java development (Core Java, Swing, JavaFX)
- Agile practices (Scrum or Kanban)
- Relational Database (Oracle, Postgres)
- OOD and Development Best Practices (Design Patterns, TDD, BDD, SOLID, DRY)
- Web-services and APIs for customer-specific integration and customisation
- Automated regression testing (Junit, Jemmy, JaCoCo)
- Version control systems (Git), Build system (Ant, Gradle), IDEs (IntelliJ)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins)
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Kft.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time