Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as SLM Service Consultant to drive service excellence for the FlexLab HT Product line.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an SLM Service Consultant you will:
- Represent or support Customer Services at Product Health Team meetings and other multifunctional business teams. Interface with other functional teams such as Quality, Product Management, Manufacturing, Procurement and Research and Development. Interface with Headquarters Service personnel including SLM, HSC, RSC, EDU (Service and customer)
- Report status of projects, quality metrics and KPI results to SLM Management and Product Health Team for FlexLab HT (High Throughput)
- Support Customer Service Measures to reduce service cost/efforts
- Support Service Innovation Features in product development and design change
- Provide functional expertise, related to service, for Automation Products
- Spearhead knowledge exchange with our R&D team to improve and further develop our products and software solutions
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers:
- Extensive experience with Inpeco SA automation products, most desirably with a focus on the FlexLab HT system (hardware/software)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Healthcare Industry, Clinical Laboratory, R&D, HSC, SLM, or RSC
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot hardware issues
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including cross functional team collaboration
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to create / review Product Support Technical Documentation (internal and external)
- Ability to read and understand software logging files, including ability to search, sort, and filter
- Ability to lead a cross-functional Service Element Team of >15 members for hardware projects
- Ability to multi-task among a variety of concurrent activities with the ability to manage priorities
- Familiar with laboratory instrument interfacing both Lab Information Systems (LIS) and Lab Automation Systems (LAS)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools as well as presentation experience
- Travel to customer sites for initial installation of critical hardware (domestic and international) < 5% travel
- Travel for project phases (international and domestic) < 30% travel
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Prior experience in HSC, RSC, SLM in Automation/Informatics is preferred
- Prior field experience with clinical laboratory operations and workflow (pre and post analytical), data analysis and connectivity are preferred
- Knowledge of FlexLab HT Automation Installation/implementation process including customization & workflow optimization
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.