Hi, we’re Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock! We’re a leading manufacturer of light rail vehicles providing transportiaon for major cities in the US and Canada. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. We are adding an Administrative Assistant with a proven track record of providing comprehensive, support in a project management setting. In this role, you will support project directors and project managers and their diverse project teams in the execution of various projects. You will collaborate with a diverse team at a large manufacturing campus in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, California where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located.
What you will be doing:
• Managing the schedule of project directors and managers which includes scheduling team meetings; domestic and international travel; speaking engagements; and many other professional engagements.
• Support project management teams to review, submit, and track project correspondence via various electronic documentation platforms.
• Support multiple project management teams to setup customer meetings, travel and execution of projects, as required.
• Working within SAP Concur to book travel and expense reporting.
• Partnering with the talent acquisition and human resources to schedule interviews with team members and ensure smooth local employee onboarding.
• Working closely across different departments (Finance, Engineering) to execute specific tasks at hand to support the directors and project teams
• Owning all topics related to the office and team, such as equipment procurement and maintenance; office supply; space planning; and office vendor management.
• Building tight and productive working relationships with members of leadership and other key stakeholders. Setup and coordinate team meetings, team building events and customer workshops.
• Ensure daily office operations are running seamlessly, and space is well kept by working together with the Office Administrator.
• Oversee office space and rotating assignments for customer resident inspectors. Ensure offices are maintained for assignment transitions.
What you will need to be successful
• Associates Degree or higher preferred.
• 3+ years of professional experience.
• Experience supporting project teams, with preference in manufacturing
• Proven experience and interest in general office management.
• Excellent customer service and communication-both written and verbal-skills.
• Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with leaders and other key stakeholders.
• Resourcefulness and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks.
• Team player with very high commitment, motivation and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to be discreet, while understanding the importance of required confidentiality.
• Proficient to Advanced office tool skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Excel and learn new document tracking software as required.
• A great attitude and an ability to see navigating challenges and obstacles as learning opportunities.
• Resourcefulness and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple tasks and maintaining an attention to details.
• You will be entrusted to use best judgment in planning and execution, therefore will need to operate very effectively using independent decision making to drive successful outcomes.
We would be impressed if you had
• Rail Industry or heavy industrial equipment experience
is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as
this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to
you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of
fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in
almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
and tuition reimbursement programs available.
product training and professional career development.
permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with
an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.