Brake System Engineer
Bangalore | Siemens Mobility | Full-time
Together we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!
Change the future with us
As a System Engineer – Brake and Air generation System you will be responsible for the following:
• Your tasks include analyzing customer requirements and interfacing requirements of the brake system along with other systems inside the Rolling stock vehicle
• You will be generating solutions and will be involved in the creation of technical specifications of the subsystems of the Air generation equipment and their treatment inside the Rolling stock vehicles
• You will support in project planning / development projects in the field of Brake systems for rail vehicles and carry them out
• You present the development results and co-ordinate with users, decision makers, suppliers and customers
• You support during procurement, manufacturing, commissioning and validation of the products
• You will participate in the continuous development of competence and exchange ideas with colleagues on technological topics
Use your skills to move the world forward
• You should have minimum experience of 6 years along with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering along with experience of in the field of Brake systems in Trains or Rolling stock.
• You must have experience in working with cross functional teams.
• You should be able to calculate the sizing of the air generation equipment for catering to the complete Train or Locomotive.
• Knowledge on Brake distance calculations will be an added advantage.
• You are familiar with analysis and review methodologies
• You are willing to travel as required for project
• Good Communication Skills
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time