We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation.
For more than 35 years, ground breaking technologies and business models engineered and developed by Siemens Turkey R&D department contributes to the global success of Siemens.
Our R&D activities focused on the fields of electrification, automation and digitalization, provides end-to-end support to our global customers on their unique digital transformation journey.
We aim to increase our strength on solution and product development with world class SW development experts, with the vision to be the digitalization partner for our global customers.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
We, as the Smart Grid organization within Siemens Turkey R&D, are focusing on research and development of software products and solutions for Power Grids. We are mainly located in Ankara ODTU Teknokent and we are working together with worldwide partners.
We are seeking a software architect to define and develop the software architecture and the design of the Distribution Network Applications as part of our Grid Control Software (ADMS).
What are my responsibilities?
· Working closely within international software development teams across global locations to research, analyze, design, develop, test, maintain and support commercial application software, as well as working on software with the main responsibility of designing and documenting software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural and design guidelines,
· Checking, refactoring, reviewing architecture and related code with respect to defined patterns, good practices, coding standards and software requirements,
· Translating software architecture into design and code for the developers,
· Hands-on software development and technical team guidance are more essential rather than diving in diagrams and detailed discussions,
· Considering technical boundary conditions (e.g. non-functional requirements) as well as economic aspects,
· Coaching, influencing software development team members to improve their skills and cross-functionality,
· Demonstrate responsible behavior and share the outcome of the sprint for both success and failure situations,
· Participating and supporting all software related activities (e.g. reviews, unit tests, and process improvements),
· Contributing to the selection of development technologies and platforms, development standards,
· Following technical developments and technological trends regarding software development,
· Participating and proactively contributing to an agile environment according to SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process,
· Collaborating with cross-functional teams including Architects, Product Owners, Project Managers, Developers and Testers,
· Taking ownerships in Siemens wide organizational roles to support working as One Global Team
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· B.S. and/or M.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar fields),
· Minimum 7 years of hands-on development experience in complex software development projects,
· Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the field of software architecture and design of complex software systems,
· Strong hands-on experience in object-oriented concepts, design patterns, architectural styles, data structures, algorithms, and software development principles,
· Advanced programming skills in C/C++ with a passion for programming languages,
· Knowledge in modern C++ (e.g. C++11 and newer editions),
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA),
· Experience in Data modeling and Database design,
· Experience in refactoring legacy source code and working on related architectural documentation,
· Knowledge of designing and documenting with UML,
· Experience in continuous integration, continuous deployment concepts, and tools,
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT,
· Understanding of clean and well documented code.
Preferable Additional skills/experiences (i.e. is a plus):
· Knowledge of Power Grids domain,
· Experience in Qt and/or Boost frameworks,
· Experience in Software life cycle and agile methodologies (especially SAFe framework),
· Experience in design and development of distributed software systems,
· Experience in unit testing and other test types as well as enthusiasm for automated testing,
· Experience in Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design or Behavior Driven Development concepts,
· Experience in Inter-process communication (IPC) and shared memory management,
· Knowledge of IEC standards like IEC-61970 (CIM), IEC-61968,
· Knowledge of communication protocols like IEC-60870-5, MQTT, DNP,
· Experience in performance and memory optimization,
· Experience with Event Driven Programming,
· Experience in working with SCADA applications.
Desired Soft skills:
· Eager to gain know-how on Power Grids, new technologies and tools,
· Excellent target group-oriented communication of complex issues and interpersonal communication,
· Able to approach other people, convince them and win them over,
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills,
· Strong self-organization including ability to work independently and manage time effectively,
· Teammate with highly collaborative, self-motivated, customer focused, positive, and upbeat attitude,
· Committed to quality oriented, tidy, and well documented business delivery,
· Able to facilitate the collaboration between Global and Local teams,
· Inspire the team with new ideas and visions and actively promote platform development,
· Comfortable interpreting and understanding initially unfamiliar concepts,
· An ability to understand and explain abstract concepts in a clear way to technical and non-technical audiences.
What else do I need to know?
· Fluent command of English is a must, German is a plus.
· No restrictions for travelling abroad temporarily.
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds”
As Siemens we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time