Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
The Strategy and Business development team shapes the future of Ultrasound by defining the overall strategy for the Ultrasound business unit, identifying industry trends, driving special projects, negotiating, and performing strategic partnerships to enable our executive team to drive organic and inorganic growth and innovation.
The position is a high impact role on a highly visible team and provides fantastic exposure and the ability to contribute materially to Ultrasound's long-term trajectory. This role will support all facets of the strategy workflow, blending market analysis, product vision and business case development, competitor and industry benchmarking, and strategic planning. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that is actively shaping the future of the Ultrasound.
- Drive the strategic planning process for Ultrasound, working alongside the Franchises and the finance function.
- Collaborate with product, sales, marketing and clinical teams to understand customer needs, product gaps, and internal capabilities.
- Analyze critical new business opportunities and key strategic initiatives, and implement pilot projects until the handover to the respective business owner
- Manage a variety of special projects, initiatives and presentations for the management team with minimal direction
- Build trust with internal stakeholders and lead communication and/ or project updates throughout the process
- Assist in market, industry and company research and analyses to influence decision-making, and identify and prioritize opportunities
- Drive and/ or assist operational improvement projects
- 10+ years of experience, with 3-5 years in management consulting, ideally at a top-tier firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Economics / Business / Accounting, or a similarly quantitative / analytical field, MBA preferred
- Experience working on strategy within the healthcare and medical device sector highly preferred, but not required
Technical Skills / Experience
- Proficiency in developing storylines
- Experience with multitasking various projects optimally in a fast paced, multifaceted environment
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Ability to formulate and articulate viewpoints (written and verbal) in a clear, succinct manner
- Comfortably interacts with senior level executives both within and outside the organization
- High level of maturity and utmost respect for confidentiality
- Good team player with a positive attitude, high energy and enthusiasm
- Thoughtful, business judgment, and strong attention to detail
- Proactive, self-driven and diligent; intellectual curiosity fueled by continuous desire to expand one’s skillset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, but also aware of when to ask questions and seek help
colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for COVID-19 vaccinations for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.