Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
Our expanding Simcenter Software Development team is looking for an experienced Web Development/Cloud Solutions Engineer to build and lead a team as part of a larger global and rapidly growing team.
The HEEDS desktop product is a leader in workflow automation and design space optimization. You will help us build a team to expand an existing web application to support cloud native high-performance computing, engineering collaboration, and web-based post processing.
This application enables users to collaborate on sharing results and simulation toolchains via a web interface and includes a companion mobile app. The application is part of the Software as a Service ecosystem and will bring the desktop application into the cloud experience.Main Responsibilities
- Build and lead the web development team to define a desktop migration plan, maintain the current application, and direct work for the team.
- Collaborate with the current development teams and other cloud-related initiatives.
- Learn and ensure the following of all established development policies and processes.
- Manage coordination with the PM, QA and the technical support teams.
- Lead discussions with external teams to initiative new projects.
- Challenge: Migrating desktop app, define the migration plan, build team, execute
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- +5 years working as a full stack web developer.
- Expert in web development and deployment technologies such as ReactJS, Java, service oriented architectures (SOA), microservices, cloud architectures, SaaS.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of object-oriented programming, database architecture, and server/platform configuration
- Good teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Experience in leading a team is a plus!
- Preferably has experience with high performance computing (HPC) environments
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time