At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to work in the Questa Simulator R&D group in the Design, Verification and Test (DVT) division. DVT is a division in the ICVS (IC Verification Solutions) organization of the Siemens Digital Industries Software.
You will be working collaboratively with a global R&D team to enhance the capabilities of the industry leading digital simulator Questa. In this role, you will be working on various interesting problems in the Questa simulator like feature enhancements, language (HDL) support, optimizations and performance improvement.
In this role, you will be designing, developing, and troubleshooting problems in the digital simulation and use compiler design fundamentals for supporting new language features, optimizations, and performance.
You will report to the Software Engineering Director at our Austin, TX office.
- Design and develop innovative solutions in the domain of digital simulation.
- Troubleshoot problems in customer designs simulated by Questa.
- Enhance and develop the simulator for new features both from the standard as well as customer demand.
- Debug and implement optimizations and flows in the simulator.
- Communicate ideas and project status clearly to upper management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· Candidate with 5-8 years of experience with large software development project
· Excellent knowledge of C, C++ with UNIX/LINUX platforms and good exposure to computer science principals, software engineering, algorithm design and data structures.
· Self-motivation, self-discipline and the ability to set and work consistently towards personal goals in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a cross-functional R&D teams and interface with customers as needed
- Will need to travel occasionally within United States and internationally.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages like Verilog, System Verilog and VHDL
- Experience in working with IC designs, testbenches and simulation.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.