Are you an experienced Systems Engineer with Communication Systems experience, or a university graduate in ICT, Electronics or Mechatronics engineering and interest in Communication systems?
Siemens Mobility is an outstanding place to have a career in an innovative environment. Siemens Mobility Rail Infrastructure business supplies the global markets of rail and road-bound transport with innovative products and solutions for Rail Automation, Rail Electrification and in the area of intermodal mobility, apps, and backend systems.
In this position, you will design and check the design of all aspects of communications systems in accordance with the requirements and specifications of the client railways.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Depending on the allocated projects, you would carry out a variety of systems engineering related activities including analysis of the system requirements, conduct trade or options studies, develop system/subsystem design, system interfaces definition, preparation of the technical documentation, system technical performance measures and system technical risk analysis.
- Act as the Systems Engineering interface for your areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, Engineering, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
- Carry out communications systems engineering, analysis, design, implementation, verification and validation for rail projects.
- Analyse the signalling system communications requirements in consultation with the signalling design engineers and train control design engineers.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- You have theoretical or practical knowledge of the operation, benefits and limitations of transmission systems elements, including optical fibres, microwaves, multiplexers of various technology (PDH, SDH, xWDM etc.), transport and protection protocols & protocol converters.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fibre characteristics, cable structures, cable selection, physical and electrical parameters, fibre terminations, connectors, splicing, fibre testing, awareness of sources and specifications of various optical transceivers and modems to build up a Railway signalling communication network.
- For a railway signalling project, you understand the IP protocols and the concept of switching, routing, addressing, segmentation, LAN, WAN, concept of tunnelling, MPLS, VPNs, QoS, etc
- You have experience in systems engineering, systems analysis, requirements analysis and management, system design, definition and implementation of system solutions for complex Rail Systems projects. Ideally some experience with the Siemens Mobility product and system portfolio and system related processes but experience with other major rail systems suppliers would also be very well regarded
- You have a tertiary education in ICT or Engineering disciplines and unlimited working rights in Australia
What We Offer
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive, and relaxed working environment
- Industry-leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We support a diverse workforce.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn, creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments. #LI-SI
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time